Thursday, May 17, 2012

The White Stone

Every year at the first part of January, we have a White Stone ceremony at Unity.  We become still and let a word or phrase that we want to guide us in the coming year emerge.  As I sat in the silence, fearless popped into my head, and  I wrote it on my stone.  That small polished rock sits in the living room.  I see it daily.  Five months into the year, I am finally ready to embrace my word.  Discovering Today:  Finding out who and what we are, and why we are here...fearlessly.   

"Do one thing every day that scares you."  ~ Eleanor Roosevelt     

4 comments:

  1. I wish you Godspeed in your new quest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found blogging to be an interesting trip - and yes, you need to be fearless to do it. You go, girl!

    Speaking of fearlessness, I just finished a book that talks a lot about how fear messes up our lives: Dying to Be Me by Anita Moorjani. It's a quick read, and I think you (and Dennis) would find it very interesting.

    And - thanks for the reminder about the white stone word. I haven't paid much attention to mine this year, but now you've inspired me to get back to it. (Mine is "passion," as in "follow your passion.")

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good book! I'll have to look for that one. Your welcome about the reminder!! Passion was my word for 2011...interesting, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete